At California Retina Associates, our eye doctors understand how important clean, crisp, clear vision is to you. To see the world in its full color and clarity is a true joy. The procedures we offer are designed to help when you are suffering degenerative vision loss from an eye disease or condition.
Precision and Safety with Laser Eye Surgery
Laser eye surgery is one of our most powerful tools to achieve this goal. Our San Diego laser eye surgery team has decades of experience helping people with their vision problems, and we know what’s right for your specific situation. We also have the most advanced technology so that we can provide you with procedures that are not only effective, but as safe and precise as possible.
One of the appeals of laser eye surgery for our patients is its flexibility. We can use different lasers and different procedures to address a wide range of conditions.
What Conditions can Laser Eye Surgery Treat?
Diabetic retinopathy is a condition in which your vision is affected by excess sugar in the bloodstream. Persistent high blood sugar levels can damage the delicate blood vessels in the retina, or the light-sensitive tissue at the back of the eye.
If we diagnose you with diabetic retinopathy, we may recommend immediate surgical treatment. There are two forms of surgery options for this condition:
- Focal laser photocoagulation: We can use a laser to target specific blood vessels, remove damaged eye tissue and excise scar tissue.
- Scatter laser photocoagulation: By applying tiny spots of laser energy to the edges of your retina, our eye doctors treat issues without affecting the retina itself. This is most useful for patients in the early stages of diabetic retinopathy.
A series of conditions that are common among older patients, glaucoma affects millions of Americans. In cases of glaucoma, the mechanism that controls the outflow of fluid from the eye is blocked or clogged, and the pressure inside the eye rises, eventually damaging the optic nerve that carries information from the eye to the brain. If left untreated, glaucoma can lead to permanent blindness.
Laser eye surgery is one of your best glaucoma treatment options. Our eye doctors will use a laser to create tiny holes in the area of your eye to allow fluid to flow more easily from the eye, which reduces pressure inside your eye and on your optic nerve.
Other Conditions Treated with Laser Eye Surgery
Our eye doctors can also use laser surgery to treat the following:
- Neovascularization (the creation of new blood vessels in the eye)
- Retinal tears and detachments
- Posterior capsular opacification (a common side effect of cataracts surgery)
Laser Eye Surgery Evaluation at California Retina Associates
Our eye doctors will evaluate your condition to ensure that laser eye surgery is the right treatment for your specific needs. You can rest assured that laser eye surgery at California Retinal Associates will be handled with professionalism and skill.
Looking for Laser Eye Surgery in San Diego?
If you’re a Southern California resident looking for a respected team to perform your laser eye surgery, you should speak with our eye doctors immediately. Please contact California Retina Associates today.
- Astigmatism in San Diego
- Questions about Glaucoma
- Symptoms of Glaucoma
- Glaucoma Risk Factors
- Glaucoma Treatment
- Retinal Detachment Treatment
- Retinal Detachment Questions
- Symptoms of Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Detachment Risk Factors
- Eye Floaters and Flashes
- Lattice Degeneration
- Vitreous Detachment Questions
- Symptoms of Vitreous Detachment
- Vitreous Detachment Treatment
- Diabetic Retinopathy Prevention
- Retinal Detachment
- Questions about Diabetic Retinopathy
- Symptoms of Diabetic Retinopathy
- Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment
- Symptoms of Diabetic Macular Edema
- Diabetic Macular Edema
- Diabetic Retinopathy Complications
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Diabetic Eye Disease
- Symptoms of Ocular Melanoma
- Ocular Melanoma
- Posterior Capsular Opacification
- Cataract Surgery
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Hypertensive Retinopathy
- Vascular Occlusion Risk Factors
- Symptoms of Retinal Vascular Occlusion
- Retinal Artery Occlusion
- Questions about Vascular Occlusion
- Types of Vascular Occlusion
- Vascular Occlusion
- Types of Macular Degeneration
- Symptoms of AMD
- Macular Pucker
- Macular Holes Treatment San Diego
- Macular Degeneration Risk Factors
- Anti-VEGF Medications
- Macular Degeneration Treatment
- Questions About Macular Degeneration
- Macular Degeneration
- Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma