About Our San Diego Retina Consultants
At California Retina Associates, we strive to provide the most rewarding experience for our patients, no matter what their visual needs may be. From our state-of-the-art equipment to the layout of our treatment rooms, our practice is designed to ensure your absolute comfort, safety and satisfaction. We serve San Diego and all surrounding areas from three office locations.
Our San Diego retina consultants are board-certified ophthalmologists and internationally recognized for their skills in surgical procedures that have helped restore and improve the eyesight of thousands of adults and children. Many of our doctors are avid researchers and hold esteemed teaching positions or leadership positions in industry societies such as the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Society of Retina Specialists.
Available Services at California Retina Associates
We provide diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of eye diseases and disorders – specifically those involving the retina and the vitreous. We offer complete treatment and management of the following conditions:
- Diabetic eye disease
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Vitreous and retinal detachment
- Retinal tears
- Macular degeneration
- Macular holes
- Macular pucker
- Cystoid macular edema
- Retinal vascular occlusion
- Retinal artery occlusion
- Eye floaters and flashes of light
- Hypertensive retinopathy
We also treat the following common eye diseases:
California Retina Associates is one of only a handful of ophthalmology practices that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the vitreous and retina, but no matter what vision problems you are having, we are prepared to work closely with you to provide the most effective FDA-approved medical or surgical treatments, targeted to meet your exact needs.
Our Technology and Treatments
Technology utilized by our San Diego retina consultants includes the following:
- Lasers like Aragon to treat diabetic retinopathy, neovascularization and retinal tear and detachment; SLT to treat glaucoma; YAG to treat posterior capsular opacification after cataract surgery and to create a peripheral iridotomy in patients with narrow angle or angle-closure glaucoma
- Shunts or stents to help increase the outflow of fluid in glaucoma cases
- Intravitreal injections of anti-VEGF drugs like Avastin, Lucentis, and Triesence to treat macular degeneration
- Cryotherapy, or the therapeutic use of cold temperatures to treat disorders of the lids or eyes
- Advanced intraocular lens implants to replace the eye’s natural lens and restore clear vision and sharp focusing power after cataracts
In addition to these and other services, we provide a full range of diagnostic testing to determine the exact extent of the problem and damage. Our advanced diagnostic technology includes the following:
- Ocular coherence tomography
- Retinal nerve fiber layer analysis
- Fundus photography
- Fluorescein angiography
- Visual Field testing
We work with each patient to provide the tests and treatments best suited to protect and preserve vision into the future.
Contact Our San Diego Retina Consultants
To learn more about our services or doctors, or if you have any questions about your vision, please call 619-425-7755 or 760-352-7755. You can also contact California Retina Associates online to schedule an appointment at one of our offices serving San Diego and beyond.